Child of God and a follower of Christ.
Depression fighter.
Spec Fic writer and artist.
STEAMM lover and a 2A supporter.

These are my stories.

About Me Header

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABOUT ME

About Me Text

DeWayne's Art Dreams - YouTube Drawing Videos I have collected and curated
My Drawings

Study. Practice. Learn. Draw. Write. Breathe. Live.

Gathering and uniting the Forces of the Warriors of Spe C'f Iic.
Bringing understanding. Lighting the darkness. Defending mankind from ancient evil.

Too often, I fail God, but He picks me up, cleans me off, and helps me to continue on the journey of living life, writing, and drawing for Him.
My childhood home was Alaska, where I had a fair share of adventures and misadventures, including surviving the largest recorded earthquake to hit the North American continent.
Record-breaking earthquakes hit Klamath Falls, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington while I lived in those areas as well. Much of my writing takes place in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
In 2nd grade I became an avid reader, and in 7th grade I began the struggle with myself, and God, of whether or not I wanted to accept the title "Writer."
I use this blog as a way for me to get myself to work on self-assigned writing projects, a way to encourage myself to get on with the adventure of being a Spec Fic writer and artist.


For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, And what I dreaded has happened to me.
I am not at ease, nor am I quiet; I have no rest, for trouble comes.”

My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me.
Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me,
and horror hath overwhelmed me.

I will call upon God;
and the Lord shall save me.
Evening, and morning, and at noon,
will I pray, and cry aloud:
and he shall hear my voice.

My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the King; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer. - Psalm 45:1 King James Version

And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us,
And establish the work of our hands for us;
Yes, establish the work of our hands. -Psalm 90:17

And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,
To devise cunning works, … to work in all manner of workmanship.
… and in the hearts of all that are wise hearted I have put wisdom,
that they may make all that I have commanded ... - Ex 31:3-6 King James Version

He has filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom and understanding, in knowledge and all manner of workmanship, to design artistic works, to work in gold and silver and bronze, in cutting jewels for setting, in carving wood, and to work in all manner of artistic workmanship. Ex35:31-32 NKJV

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. - Psalm 19:1 King James Version

By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. - Psalm 33:6 King James Version

Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.
Before the mountains were brought forth,
Or ever You had formed the earth and the world,
Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. - Psalm 90:1-2

Thou, even thou, art Lord alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee. - Nehemiah 9:6 King James Version

For, lo, he that formeth the mountains, and createth the wind, and declareth unto man what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkness, and treadeth upon the high places of the earth, The LORD, The God of hosts, is his name. - Amos 4:13 King James Version



20 May 2013

2013 NCWA Writer’s Renewal Conference – Day 2: After Action Report


The worst part of the deep-sea adventure we called the 2013 NCWA Writer’s Renewal Conference was saying my good-byes when it all came to an end. Since Saturday evening I’ve spent some time in the decompression chamber preparing to surface back to reality.

Two years ago when I went to the conference I volunteered some, and I went to editorial sessions, and workshops, but I spoke to no one outside of those event, except to friends from NCWA.

This year I tried to be involved with helping out even more, and I actually spoke to Jesse Florea, the editor for Focus on the Family’s Clubhouse and Clubhouse Jr. several times outside of the workshops and editorial sessions.

I asked Jesse if I could email him and get a copy of the submission guidelines, and also asked him how many people also asked for the guidelines. He said not many, usually only the ones he meets at conferences.

I also spoke to Jesse about getting a copy of the Story Bible for FotF’s Adventures in Odyssey and he told me I could email him with a reminder that we had talked and he would forward my email and name to the person in charge at Adventures in Odyssey.

We talked a bit about how they’ve recently redone Odyssey and so they have a new, shorter, Story Bible, and we talked some about some of the old characters and how the authors who created them used Easter Eggs for their names, etc. I may not be ready to start trying to write for them, but at least it is a target I now have to aim for. Jesse also told me that a published NCWA author is also just beginning the process of writing for Odyssey

Also Jesse told me that he does accept true-life stories, so after I get the submission guidelines I will see about re-working some of my true stories of growing up I Alaska, and all the various ways we tried to kill ourselves as kids. Tonight is the last NCWA fiction writer’s group, and our last monthly meeting will be June 3rd, and so I will try to get a couple of my short stories to my critique group to get some feedback to work on until I get those submission guidelines.

I never intended on being a children’s author, but then again I have ran from my writing desire since 1972. As I said in a recent post, if God doesn’t stop sending me to these writing conferences, and if He doesn’t stop arranging these divine appointments, I might just start thinking He wants me to pursue this writing stuff.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great recap, DeWayne. I love having you at conference, you are helpful with all things technical and willingly step up where needed. I think it would be great if you could start writing for FOF! Jesse is a great guy, and so encouraging.

DeWayne said...

Thanks Mindy. Still getting used to this blogging thing, especially moderating and replying to comments.

The Problem With Studying Drawing

One of the problems with studying art and learning to draw is there are no internally consistent rules and terms that all artists have agree...